On 28/08/09 09:39, John Smith wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Tom Hughes<t...@compton.nu>:
>> What do you mean exactly?
>
> Well if enough people can tag a post as spam it would effectively
> disappear from the site to be reviewed and/or deleted, maybe you could
> have a more extensive rating system, don't know, but this would allow
> native speakers of various languages to tag something as spam even if
> it doesn't look it at first glance to a non-native speaker.

It's not the posts we want to delete though, it's the users that make
the posts (deleting a user hides all their posts). Deleting users is not
something we want to make happen automatically on the basis of some sort
of public vote ;-)

If somebody wants to build a system with a button that triggers some
sort of hiding/referral of a post then fine. It's not a high priority on
my personal list of things to do but if somebody feels it is an itch
they'd like to scratch then all well and good.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/