2009/8/28 Arlindo Pereira <nig...@nighto.net>:
> Or not even limited to volleyball at all. Here in Rio de Janeiro it is very
> common to play futevôlei ("footvolley", volley played with the foot, not
> with the hand) in the volleyball pitches.

Indeed. However, in most cases they *are* (beach) volleyball courts.
That is that when a person looks at one, they think "that's a
volleyball court" and not "that's some sand that I could play
volleyball on but I could also play chess". Any local person could
think, upon seeing a "beach volleyball court" on the map, "I could
play futevôlei on that".

I think this comes down to 'mapping what is on the ground', i.e. a
volleyball court. That's not to say, however,  that if the court
really is appropriate for futevôlei then it shouldn't have some sort
of extra tag to denote that.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com