> I'm amazed that anyone experienced in OSM is proposing *not* using
> tags and getting the order of "usage (leads to) convention (leads to)
> documentation (leads to) presets" back to front - you don't start with
> presets in order to force convention.

I agree but until now I used the tags to tell in which cities I was
(e.g. when riding by bike vrom Gau-Odernheim to Bechtolsheim I added
both names as a Tag), because this way I could take a fast look onto
anything that I altready did in e.g. Bechtolsheim.

I have not thought about adding that I used a bicycle for that. Without
having some kind of documentation about what *could* be added, people
won't add the information nor get developers to use them.

So maybe a documentation about the possibilities would be a better start.

Peter