On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Valent
Turkovic<valent.turko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you use source tag? Why and how, please explain? I read the wiki page
> but I don't see many people use it and I'm wondering why.

Whenever I add a tag, e.g. TAG (could be name, or amenity for example)
to a node/way/relation, I also tag with source:TAG=*.

The value I assign is source:TAG=survey if I have visited the area and
taken notes/GPS trace/audio clips etc. at that location.

If I add a new node/way, source=* is sufficient in place of source:TAG=*.

I do all of this in JOSM, and it takes me very little additional time
to add this valuable information.