On Wed, September 9, 2009 02:28, Ed Avis wrote:
> Shouldn't the name tags in Seoul also be fixed a bit?  Instead of a
> Hangul name
> followed by a Latin-alphabet name in brackets, wouldn't it be better to
> tag name...@hangul and name...@latin separately?

Actually, the convention is that objects should be tagged with four names.
 The 'name=*' tag is Hangul followed by English in brackets.  This is the
most important, as it is the 'fallback' tag for rendering a name.  The
others are 'name:en=*' for the English name, 'name:ko=*' for the Korean
name (in Hangul), and 'name:ko_rm=*' for the Romanised Korean name.

To some degree this information is redundant, but I am only following the
Korean mapping recommendations here:

<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ko:Map_Features#.ED.91.9C.EA.B8.B0.EB.B2.95>

Andrew