lulu-...@gmx.de wrote:
> Currently the problem with routing is, that routing applications can not
> check for millions of nodes, but only for thousands of ways without
> performace problems.

No, the problem is that programmers haven't implemented it yet. If the
software can deal with turn restrictions, it shouldn't have a problem
with barriers at all. Performance problems instantly disappear with
appropriate preprocessing.

> I recommend to add a route_nodes=yes or router:check_nodes=yes to such ways

I disagree. It is possible to take barriers into account without that
tag (I've implemented it for the GraphView plugin, for example), so the
tag obviously wouldn't add or improve information.

Mappers shouldn't do the job of a software preprocessor.

Tobias Knerr