2009/9/10 James Livingston <doc...@mac.com>:

> I do too. However after the last discussion a lot of people seemed to
> think it only implied bicycle=yes not bicycle=designated, so I'd add
> it explicitly because of the designation marking on the ground. Of
> course, I don't think anyone agreed on what designated meant either...

Seems like a silly argument for requiring redundency when it's implied anyway.

Most path ways in Australia at least the pedestrians always have right
of way on at least shared paths and foot paths, and to me, and who
ever put together the mapnik config assumed highway=cycleway implies
bicycle=designated.