On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>wrote:

> I wrote:
> > http://url.ie/2ero
>
> After just an hour and a half, we're already the second most popular
> suggestion, with 97 votes for and none against. If we can keep it up we'll
> be at the top before long - so keep spreading the message!

Not entirely related, but I did want to remind everyone that I have been in
contact with various engineers at Google over the past 1.5 yrs or so to get
Google geodata released. I'm starting with StreetView data (the GPS traces
of the vehicles as they move around taking pictures). From what my contacts
have said, there is lots of interest in making this data more public almost
everywhere at Google, it's just a low priority in terms of engineering time.

I'll keep everyone informed if something moves forward, but so far it's been
one reminder email every 4 months sort of thing to see what's going on.