> Dual CPU 2.5 GHz AMD
 > 3-4GB RAM Each
 > Most have 80 GB or larger HDD

I don't know if that's enough for rendering. If it is we could set up
some other styles on the page (car view with just streets and car
related things, transportation map, free time map with all those
leisure, a map with all the POIs that tagwatch lists)

This map must not be updated as often as the mapnik/tah map but it could
show what cool maps could be made with the data, despite of a
google-like map.

It may also possible to use them as caches in front of tiles.osm.org to
hold the maps up in maintainance phases for other pages using our tiles.

Please drop your ideas!

Peter