I did some of that mapping (especially the off-road) and would defend most if
not all of the road tagging - there is nothing wrong with 'unclassified' when
it goes between villages or between parts of a village and does not have much
in the way of continuous housing. Take a look at Google Earth or similar
satellite imagery and see whether you would agree - bearing in mind that I live
only about 25 km from there! (;>)

Mike Harris