2009/9/18 Dan Karran <d...@karran.net>:

> and 'turn right' to stay on the same road, even though it just
> continues past the junction with a curve to the right.

Well yes, but there is a road going straight ahead as well. I've seen
plenty of situations where it is not obvious that the road you are on
is not the one going straight ahead.  If the instructions say "follow
this road" but didn't tell me that the road I'm supposed to be
following turns right at a certain intersection, I would tend to go
straight ahead.  I have in fact done this several times, at different
places.

In this situation, looking at the aerial photography, it would be
obvious which road to take.  But I'd rather it warned me unnecessarily
than not warn me when it was needed.

Stephen