Hello everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro dual-booting Mac OS X 10.5 and Linux (Ubuntu 9.04,
kernel 2.6.28). Can use it for most things I need to do but the one thing
lacking is a serial port. I got hold of a USB Serial converter and drivers
but it didn't work well, sometimes it read data, sometimes it didn't. GPS
is the Etrex Legend.

So at the moment I have to go back to my older laptop to read GPS tracks,
as it has a serial port, which is a bit of a pain (though I can live with
it, at least until the older laptop dies...)

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable, USB to serial converter that will
be compatible with this hardware?

Thanks,
Nick