Hi,

Anthony wrote:
> I've got parcel data for my county from the property appraiser's
> office.  It's in shp format, which I have converted to osm format.

[...]

> Any other suggestions?  Objections?

Just my usual one: Please make sure that where you have polygons sharing
a common border, create an individual way in OSM for this border and use
a multipolygon relation for each of the neighbouring parcels so that
they may share the same way and nodes, rather than importing two sets of
nodes on top of each other (one for parcel A, the other for parcel B).
Shapefiles do this but it is a waste of space and actually a loss of
information (loss of the info that these are not two borders that happen
to coincide but one border).

Bye
Frederik