Then both can be used, depending whether they're farmed or not.

OSM appears to have many valid alternatives. I've been told that this
laxity is one of OSM's strengths.

landuse=farm is IMO used when a fields use is not known, it could be
more specific, as is indicated on the landuse wiki page. eg cattle,
crops (maybe even going as far as saying wheat, barley etc).

Not sure that reservoir should be under landuse. It's hardly land any more!

Cheers
Dave F.