I am worried there might be some copyright issues

The sites within the UK will probably have been mapped using the British
Ordnance Survey, and therefore should have copyright restrictions.

A quick internet search shows that data is available to download in the UK,
but with some conditions(?).
http://www.jncc.gov.uk/ProtectedSites/SACselection/gis_data/terms_conditions.asp

I think the status of the data needs to be very carefully checked.

Jason
user:jamicu