> 2009/9/28 Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>:
>> And this seems to be the case here?
>
> The problem is the ways are the best place to tag the ABS information,
> and the ABS data just happens to follow rivers, islands, railways and
> roads and so on which is very useful where people can't survey and
> there is no hi-res imagery, so the relation isn't the best place to
> dump ABS tags when these ways are used for multiple purposes.

Example
Lachlan River
Way is a rough trace from landsat imagery. Yahoo is worse for the detail.
In some places with many curves and meanderings I have been very rough
with the trace.
all of that work is marked source=landsat
ABS data is imported.
Where this corresponds to the river I have started using the ABS data to
make the river more accurate.
Neither of these are a field survey of any description, and the way still
needs the ABS source attributed, so that in future when someone does
follow the river with a GPS the river can be updated - it won't be marked
source=survey so we will know it needs a field check.
If the ABS tag is gone - how do I know to use this for an improvement on
landsat ???