Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:

>>David Paleino wrote:
>>
>>> http://osm.org/go/xZaERTJSm--
>>
>>Ah, I forgot also this one:
>>
>>http://osm.org/go/xZYvzIcHP--
>>
>>NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!
>
> There isn't a lot of point shouting at the mailing list about this.

Needed to rant somewhere :)
(and, most importantly, give an example of how a bad map looks like)

> Looking at the area I see quite a number of different editors, most of
> which appear to have done only a few edits or indeed are new (the first
> example you gave is from a mapper who only signed up to the project in the
> last few weeks). Since there are so many mappers, have you considered
> contacting them all for a social meet-up? Usually issues of editing,
> especially for new contributors, are easily fixed by offering a bit of
> assistance.

I already contacted the 4-5 mappers who made the most edits, but no one ever
replied.
Also, I'm going to give a talk about OSM in Palermo soon I hope (October -
November), and I already planned to contact them for this :)

> If a meet-up isn't on, then at least drop these new folks an email and
> offer some help.

Surely will do ;)

David

--