On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:00 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Gustav Foseid <gust...@gmail.com>:
> > They are rendered today, but visually the same as land borders. I would
>
> Ummm they are?
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-24.622&lon=153.677&zoom=10
>
> Centre of the map is where the maritime border of Australia runs and I
> don't see anything rendered at any zoom level.

They have normally been tagged as land borders, resulting in something like
this:
http://osm.org/go/evC2d--
http://osm.org/go/3Tjpd-

I was unable to find the way describing the territorial waters of Australia.
How is it tagged?

> > prefer the territorial waters to be rendered as a blue line, as this
> seems
> > to be the normal way to render maritime boundaries in most of the maps I
> > have checked.
>
> Most maps I've seen don't show territorial waters.

Agreed, but using the suggested tagging for maritime boundaries, you would
then need support in the stylesheets to _not_ render them. A proposal that
would need support to explicitly render the maritime boundaries was voted
against.

 - Gustav