On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, John Smith wrote:

> >> I always thought the americans bastardised the english language, but I
> >> came to find out in recent years american english is an older form of
> >> english and well yea, they're backwards :)
> >
> > Spent the day interviewing prospective medical students
> > they were given a 'scenario' concerning something with no clear answer
> > eg should that south african runner run as a man or a woman?
> > then formulate an argument and argue the point
> > you would have been successful!
>
> ROFL....
>
> You mean, is a genetic defect in the same category as taking illicit
> drugs or wearing a funny swim suit for an unfair advantage.
>
> Unless it was intentional genetic manipulation I doubt it, we as a
> society will always try to improve records, partially through
> selective breeding of sorts because putting elite althelets in close
> quarters is more likely to result in them producing off spring that
> have high sporting tendencies. Just because someone was born with a
> particular set of genes that give them an edge isn't their fault.
>
> Having said all that elite sport is a big money drain and as unlikely
> as it is it should be ditched because it does almost nothing to give
> back to society, how many top sports clubs in Australia give decent
> amounts of money to fund school sports, or better fund better
> teachers, generally not very much I bet.
>
> Was that the sort of answer you were after? :)
You would have 8 minutes to keep on talking
in which time you have to show that you can see more two sides to the argument
and can think widely about the topic
I got to listen to 8 wishy-washy arguments on foreign doctors in Australia and
2 good ones
Even being incredibly pushy like "as a prospective medical student, how do you
view international medical graduates?" only got me one *they could take my
job*

--
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
down-stairs a step at a time.