Hi,

Dave F. wrote:
> I don't understand why others should have to spend
> time sorting out OSM's vagaries purely because we can't decide.

The yes/no question may be the most trivial of cases but generally we
are reluctant to force a structure onto our mappers. When choosing
between something that restricts our mappers and something that makes
life more difficult for our users, we always choose the second because
mappers are more precious than users.

Granted, there's not much creativity or personal style involved in
choosing between yes/no and true/false so mappers would probably not
object to that; but in general the idea "let's have a rigid structure so
that life becomes easier for our users" is not what we want.

Bye
Frederik