2009/10/1 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM, andrzej zaborowski
>>I never understood these arguments and want to encourage using a single
>>wikipedia= tag.
>
> I never understood people who wants to have wikipedia urls in OSM
> data. It is not OSM role to point to wikipedia articles but wikipedia
> to point to OSM geodata. And this has to be done through lat/lon
> coordinates.

No, this is just stupid.

A page about a building or about a european route E30 has completely
nothing to do with with a pair of coordinates - this is just for
pretty display, has no semantical value.  There's a 1:1 correspondence
between the subject of the page and the route relation or building way
in OSM though.

> Otherwise, we will see nodes with 120 wikipedia url's (for each
> language) and later it will be url's to myEncyclopedia or

If you actually take the time to read my mail, you'll notice this is
what I'm arguing against.

> Don't be surprised if one day, all those url's will be removed by a
> clean-up bot.

That'll obviously be vandalism.

Cheers