On 11/10/2009, at 12:08 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> This proposal includes the deletion of all voting-related stuff
> including the casted votes of the past.

I'd say that this helps prove the point that different people reading
different things into what pages on the wiki say. The proposal wasn't
really serious, but I didn't intend it to mean that we would delete
all voting-related content from the wiki, only ban new votes.

> the thing is that not everybody will write a documentation for every
> key he uses, and in the end (we're already in some tags at this
> stage), there will be many same tags with different intended meanings.
> By deleting the voting-process things will get worse.

I'm not entirely sure how not having the voting process will make
things worse. Instead of having a tag with several different meanings,
one of which is "approved" but may not even be the most common
meaning, we'll just have a tag with several different meanings. The
voting process doesn't mean that the "approved" version is what people
actually use.

If there is a wiki page which describes a tag in a limited way, and I
want to document how I've used it, what should I be doing?
* edit the main page, which could annoy the people who created the page
* add a note to the discussion page, which someone searching the wiki
for how to tag things won't read
* create a new page describing my version, which leads to conflicting
information