You're right : If the area is covered by a forest (or a lake, or whatever),
it should appear like this on the map. What would a user think if he finds a
forest (even if it's in a military area) that is not on the map?
And we should remerber that all users are not forbiden to enter into
military areas! Some users needs to know the exact nature of the area (to
know the size of a forest for example).
Gilles