Hello,

I asked that question on the mapnik mailing list but was told that the OSM
mailing list would have more knowledgeable people on this issue:

I was in the process of setting up Mapnik and as a start I was using an OSM
file from around my area to test with "small" data.

I get stuck with an error message in osm2pgsql:

osm2pgsql SVN version 0.67-18179

Using projection SRS 900913 (Spherical Mercator)
Setting up table: planet_osm_point
Setting up table: planet_osm_line
Setting up table: planet_osm_polygon
Setting up table: planet_osm_roads
Mid: Ram, scale=100

Reading in file: ../maps/Detroit_091010.osm
Processing: Node(434k) Way(50k) Relation(0k)osm2pgsql: osm2pgsql.c:262:
StartElement: Assertion `xrole' failed.

I searched the web a bit but did not find much, except from some memories
issues. I monitored the memory during the process and had at least 1Gb free,
so I guess this is not the issue.

The data file comes from XAPI (
http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=-83.56,42.17,-83.01,42.71)
and works fine for other purposes like generating a map for my GPS
using
mkgmap.

Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,