On 01/11/2009 15:54, Tom Chance wrote:
> Just to say that I do think the Export tab route is excessively
> complicated, and that it's a shame the short links don't carry across
> markers.

+1.

If only I had the time, I'd do something like this: present a map to
which you can freely add multiple labelled markers, text notes, photos
(maybe links to), lines and polylines, and gather these together under a
simple URL (presumably it would be a handle to the info in some
database), without any registration, so you can hand someone a URL of
the informal geographic information you want pass to them.

"start here" "follow this road" "easy to miss this turning" "I live here"...

David