As explained at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/WMSPlugin#On_Ubuntu_9.04_.27Jaunty_Jackalope.27
I setup JOSM with wmsplugin, using gnome-web-photo 0.3-0ubuntu2.

But no photo underlay is displayed.

The command line I am using for the plugin is
'gnome-web-photo --mode=photo --format=ppm "{0}" /dev/stdout | pnmcrop
-white | pnmtopng'

But when I add the Yahoo imagery WMS layer in JOSM, nothing happen
except CPU activity. When I look at the tasks running, I see that
gnome-web-photo is called repeatedly :
'gnome-web-photo --mode=photo --format=ppm
"http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wmsplugin/YahooDirect.html?bbox=2.1969114,48.8972867,2.2262035,48.9165400&srs=EPSG:4326&width=500&height=500";

/dev/stdout | pnmcrop -white | pnmtopng'

I am surprised that it is not working because I successfully tested it
by piping it to 'display' :
'gnome-web-photo --mode=photo --format=ppm
"http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wmsplugin/YahooDirect.html?bbox=2.1969114,48.8972867,2.2262035,48.9165400&srs=EPSG:4326&width=500&height=500";
/dev/stdout | pnmcrop -white | pnmtopng | display'
displays the tile allright.

Why doesnt JOSM display anything, while the command line seems correct?
What am I doing wrong ?

I am using JOSM 2454 and wmsplugin 18625.