I am in the process of learning how to use JOSM to transform a GPS trace into a
way, and have a question about how to mark a footpath that passes under a
highway bridge.  As I understand the conventions, placing a node at this
crossing point would imply that they connect to each other, which is not the
case.  Should the ways simply cross, relying on the layer tag to mark which one
is above the other?  The existing highway data, probably derived from a TIGER
import, does not indicate bridges as opposed to regular roadways.

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to