On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it matter?? How hard is it to tag cycleways and bridleways with
> foot=yes/no??
>
> I would have no problem with that, if it helped give us consistency.
>

>From a purely pragmatic perspective, the more repetitive tasks you assign to
people, the less likely it is that those tasks will be performed
consistently. I'm not convinced that telling people how to perform a task,
and getting them to do it 10,000 times will lead to 10,000 correctly
performed tasks.

(At about this stage, maybe someone should introduce some statistics into
the discussion, like number of cycleways/footways/paths tagged in various
combinations in various countries.)

Steve