Anthony wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> -1, a path is either planned and constructed (the ones you are refering to)
>>> or it "creates itself" by frequent use (e.g. shortcuts on grass). IMHO the
>>> latter are even more valueable to the project because they are usable but
>>> you don't find them in other maps.
>> A shortcut through grass that you can see, sure! e.g.
>> http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/18/97/189701_92c9a5d5.jpg
>>
>> But if you can't see it - sorry - you're not going to convince me that
>> there is a path.
>>
>> If you can see some grass, sure, map that. But just being able to walk
>> on the grass does not turn the grass into a path. Otherwise, in any
>> area of grass there would actually be *infinite* overlapping,
>> criss-crossing "invisible-paths". :P
>>
> What if I map the entire section of grass which is within the right of
> way as a polygon with highway=path, area=yes?  That's how we represent
> infinite overlapping criss-crossing "invisible-paths", like a
> pedestrian mall.
>
> On the right is a road.  On the left is a lake.  In the middle, is a
> path, made out of grass.  It's probably not much wider than the road.
> And only about half of it is within the right of way.

I think that is probably covers some of the 'paths' that I need to describe.
They are really large areas of grass which can be walked across to get to other
points, rather than a 'tag' on the side of a near by road .... using the road
do the 'pedestrian' routing is simply wrong but so also is drawing an imaginary
additional set of ways except where they are specifically marked.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL