2009/12/4 Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com>:
> The main focus is *adding* information to roads currently mapped as single
> (non-divided) roads. Gaining information. Not losing. There are a huge
> number of places that this will add information that was not previously
> mapped.

This opens up a can of worms about micro mapping.

You either need to split the way to accomodate your suggestion or some
other micromapping technique to accomlish this, in any case you are
adding almost nothing that a legal turning restriction won't presently
accomplish. I don't think painted lines are the same thing as properly
divided ways and don't really need anything that special to
distinguish them.