Pieren wrote:
>> We've long since passed the point where "amenity" is an accurate
>> description for the value that comes after it. In the OpenStreetMap
>> database "amenity" is best pronounced as "a thingy" :)
>
> Is that a reason to not improve things (or try to )?

Is introducing somewhat arbitrary categories really an improvement? It's
just another thing I need to memorize.

What I want to enter is actually
"lawyer"
"museum"
"brothel"
and so on.

These aren't two "atoms" of data, just one. Unfortunately, there is the
technical requirement to provide two strings - key and value. A "thingy"
key (could be "type" or "poi" or whatever just as well as "amenity") is
a method to work around this.

Tobias Knerr