2009/12/6 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> No sense in wasting everyone's time if the OSMF members aren't going to
> agree to it anyway?

I'm pretty sure he meant asking contributors before threatening to
remove their contributions.

> It'll still be there.  In perfect form for the fork which will inevitably
> arise.

Which will be a real shame, this is where Google will really get it's
claws in because people will be able to map without worrying about
data disappearing.

> It isn't applicable to data in jurisdictions where data can't be
> copyrighted.  Part of the proposal of switching to the ODbL is to go
> *beyond* copyright law by imposing an EULA (which you are deemed to have
> accepted simply by visiting the OSM website.  That's the part that worries
> me, and which I suppose will cause me to stop contributing (I haven't
> completely decided yet, though).

Click through type agreements have already been deemed as
unenforceable, so I fail to see how agreeing to this by visiting a
site would be more enforceable?