On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Pieren <pier...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For the  340+ who replied, we have:
> > 30% "yes, I will accept the new license Odbl"
> > 45% "yes and consider all my data Public domain (no restrictions)"
> > 3% "no, I will not accept the new license Odbl but I will if the
> > license is reworked"
> > 10% "no, I will not accept the new license Odbl and wants to continue
> > with the CC-BY-SA2.0 license"
> > 12% "I don't know yet because I don't understand the new license or
> > the possible consequences"
>
> So the number of people actually opposed to the Odbl is somewhere
> between 10 and 25%. That's a great result. (In the sense that
> unanimity is great.)

I dunno, depends if it's closer to 10% or 25%.  75% in favor of the change
is about the worst possible result.  It's enough in favor that the change
will probably go through, but enough opposed to cause a significant fracture
to the community.

Of course, I think the numbers in opposition are closer to 10% than 25%.
And the numbers strongly in opposition are probably less than 5%.

----

The big question is how many people won't respond at all, and, perhaps more
importantly, what fraction of the database that makes impossible to
relicense.  Based on the poll numbers, with 340 out of 100,000+ responding,
that leaves that number between 0% and 99.9966%.