--Original Message Text---
From: Anthony
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:59:31 -0500

We could, however, introduce a "arc" tag.  And if I was better at making
proposals (and/or the OSM processes were better at accepting proposals), it
would
probably already be introduced.  To represent an arc, you only need three
points (start, end, and any third point on the arc uniquely defines a triangle
which is
circumscribed by exactly one circle).  This could even be made backward
compatible.  Just split the way at the beginning and end of the arc and put
"arc=yes".
Renderers that don't know about arcs would use three points (or four, or five,
or whatever).  Renderers that do know about them would use as many as is
necessary for the resolution of the image.  (In the case of an arc=yes tag with
more than three points