2009/12/13 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The problem I have with that is my labour is used to commercially
>> benefit others and in turn nothing they do would have to be returned
>> to the community.
>
> So you want to be given something in return for your labor?  Nothing wrong
> with that, but you're more likely to be successful if you choose a non-free
> project to contribute to.  If your labor is valuable to commercial
> interests, don't give it away for free.  Get those commercial interests to
> pay you, and then, if you'd like, you can donate your pay to "the
> community".

That's the issue I have, I have no problem giving back to the
community, but I don't want commercial companies just sucking up all
the data and not giving hardly anything back in return if they extend
the map, it's not fair to me or anyone else who chooses to donate our
time for "the greater good".

After all if the data isn't extended there is nothing to give back,
which is a shame but you can't have everything I guess.