Pieren <pieren3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Always add the layer tag. And don't add a node at the intersection if
> they are not at the same layer. Otherwise how any software can "guess"
> if it's an intersection or not ? By going through thousands different
> combinations of highways/waterways/railways/etc tags ?

Of course I do not place nodes at the road-ditch intersections. But we have this
kind of intersections where a ditch is goind under a road through a concrete or
plastic pipe approximately every fine hundred meters on every single road we
have. Do you suggest that splitting the ways, making 2 meter long sections as a
"brigde=yes, layer=1" really makes sense? How ofter guessing that highway is
above waterway would fail?

-Jukka-