2009/12/22 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>

> As for operator logos, we recently imported a bunch of BP amenity=fuel
> locations and I was only pondering how it would be nice to make them
> render an icon similar to their logo.

yes (btw: "similar" is probably not what would be permitted, I guess it must
be "identical" to get permission), but I'm pretty sure as soon as we
implement them, we'll get thousands of those (fuel stations, fast-food,
supermarkets, drugstores) and will have to discuss about brands / neutrality
/ advertising. If we agree that it is desirable to display logos on our maps
then we should collect and store the permissions for the use of those (will
all generally be protected as trademarks) e.g. in the wiki.

While I'm not sure if I support the implementation of all kind of custom
logos (e.g. Mc Donald's), I do support it for public transport.  Have a look
here:
http://mic-ro.com/metro/metrologos-static.html
the london underground is just the top of the iceberg ;-)

cheers,
Martin