2009/12/27 Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/27 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:
>> In Australia there is this legacy speed limit sign for people with
>> racing licenses that they can drive any speed they wish, everyone else
>> is limited to 100, how exactly do you map that? (and I saw one such
>> sign only the day before yesterday).
>>

> Umm, actually that one's a bit of an urban myth.  The sign (and it's a
> UN standard sign, not just Australian) means "end of local speed

I was pretty sure it didn't apply any more, the NT was the last to
have unlimited speed zones in Australia and 130km/hr has been the max
since 2007 I think.

At least the "end of local speed" signs aren't as useless as those
"End of 50 zone" signs.

> used the "I'm a racing driver, it's not excessive for me" excuse and
> got off.

Hmmmm, I guess it would be worth getting a racing license then :)