---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Server problem
To: malenki <o...@malenki.ch>

 On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM, malenki <o...@malenki.ch> wrote:

> Ciprian Talaba wrote:
>
> >marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I got the same yesterday.
> >> When I tried again it was gone.
> >>

> >I see the same error in the console output of  JOSM (2561) when trying
> >to download raw GPS data, so this is not affecting only Potlatch.
>
> Sometimes I get this for downloading data, too. Happens since
> sunday or even saturday.
>
> When having viewed data at osm.org an closing the data.tab, I get:
>
> <www.openstreetmap.org>
>
> Fehler beim Laden der
> GML-Datei /api/0.6/map?bbox=8.853966,54.219441,8.898178,54.234373
>
> (error loading GML-file)
>
> Since this didn't happen until now I guess it is related to the other
> errors.
>
> Regards
> malenki

It doesn't seem like a constant error, and it does not really affect the
work. It dumps down dosens of annoying error messages, but attempting again
and again will allow you to download the data. Doesn't seem like uploads are
affected (yet). Yesterday I completed a 5 hour edit in Potlatch (a tool I
dislike, but only option when my notebook is offline), without any further
problems. (Though I had another problem, but that might have been in how the
Potlatch was loaded, I had a terrible connection when loading Potlatch,
keyboard shortcuts didn't work, delete didn't work, undo didn't work, I
thought that this was connected with this bug, but now I think it rather had
to do with that thunderstorm)