On 01/01/2010, at 17.40, Craig Wallace wrote:

> But I'd still agree with Shaun - a single GPS trace is not really
> accurate enough for adding ways to OSM IMO.
> I'd say get at least 2, preferably 1 in each direction. If they are
> close to each other you can be confident its probably accurate. If
> they
> are much different, its worth getting a few more traces and taking an
> average.

I agree with this. I've noticed on my Garmin device, that if the
satellite reception is lost or very poor, the device assumes it's
continuing along a straight line using the most recently determined
vector. Coming from a different direction, the device might be able to
grab better hold of the the satellite signal and give you a better
trace.

Cheers,
Morten