2010/1/7 Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/1/6 Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>:
>>> We must find a procedure to avoid such lawsuits. i.e. "show us where
>>> some community members have copied you and we remove the information
>>> from your sources" kind of response to any claims of copyright
>>
>> Didn't lots of people ask SCO to show proof of their claims and the
>> people that did get to see their "proof" had to sign off on NDAs?
>>

> As far as I know, US is the only where they tried to prosecute
> somebody who did a "digital crime" in another country, I am than
> thinking of Dmitri Sklyarov who had through his work reverse
> engineered adobe e-book format in order to make an e-book reader for
> blind people. The "crime" was comitted in Russia, where reverse
> engineering is (was?) a legimit way of industry. Can't remember how
> long he was held in a California prison, but it was quite some time
> before he could return to russia. He went to the states to talk on a
> conference on software security. But this is getting pretty OOT

The US did the same thing in Australia, someone was extradited to the
US for something that wasn't even a crime in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DrinkOrDie

(under Elsewhere heading)

Also CIA agents are still wanted for kidnapping in Italy.

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/11/5/italian_prosecutor_in_case_against_cia

But of course the US wouldn't hand over Americans to another country...