> I tend to completely agree with Frederik here. Having a
> selfstanding
> system able to do the whole openstreetmap toolchain, with a
> different
> license (PD).

You would need something a bit like Google put on their 15cm imagery
to say that Relief Agencies could use the OSM data for
non-commercial relief purposes only (*or* switch the OSM licence to
PD from cc-by-sa/odbl), perhaps with some other clause(s) about any
additions to our data would be welcome. The toolchain is already
available, but who wants to start with an empty database and start
by adding their own coastlines from scratch?

Ed