From: talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org]
On Behalf Of Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 9:59 AM
To: OSM-talk
Subject: [OSM-talk] [Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Geo-Locate the Haiti Hospitals
Challenge]

-------- Message original --------

Sujet :

Re: [CrisisMappers] Geo-Locate the Haiti Hospitals Challenge

Date :

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:46:54 -0500

De :

CJ Hendrix  <mailto:hendrix...@gmail.com> <hendrix...@gmail.com>

Répondre à :

crisismapp...@googlegroups.com

Pour :

crisismappers  <mailto:crisismapp...@googlegroups.com>
<crisismapp...@googlegroups.com>

Références :

 <mailto:4b595684.2070...@gmail.com> <4b595684.2070...@gmail.com>

We are in the process of setting up humanitarian tags based on the the UN
Spatial Data Infrastructure.  These are available as a presets file (xml) in
JOSM.  That file is attached.  So, if you are taking on this task, please
use the Health facilities presets.

These presets are based on years of discussions with Subject Matter Experts
and are well-known in the UN and other humanitarian communities (though we
have streamlined them for this operation).  Soon these presets will be
posted as a live xml document that you can link your JOSM to, however, for
the moment, I am attaching them here.

AN URGENT NEED in addtion to the hospitals is to clean up the road type tags
to correspond with the humanitarian presets. Right now the tags in the OSM
road data are messy and make it difficult for people in the field to
symbolize.

--cj

CJ Hendrix
GIS & Remote Sensing Projects Manager