2010/2/1 80n <80n...@gmail.com>:
> Come on guys tell us what you need.
>
> 80n

How about generic tagging system for the start and improve from there?
Some sort of *generic* standards for tagging before "tag it and it
will come". Problem is that there are people who are ready to map
before working on tagging. And people who would like to work on
tagging, but have difficulties to get first party to agree. We need
some kind of "beloved imperator", be it human being or unofficial
tagging/mapping guide, who says what is what and that's it.

Problem is that we *know* what map consumers want - consistent data
where they are available - but there are people in OSM who simply
aren't ready to agree for this. People like me have been talking about
this for some year.

Cheers,
Peter.