On 28 Feb 2010, at 10:12, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> When will bots be removed from history in Potlach? It is really hard to
> see what is going on in some area when all I can see are bot entries and
> (big) entries.
>
> Please, please remote bot entries from Potlach history.
>
> Here is how history of edits currently looks like for my home town:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/184632/bots.png

That history list is nothing to do with Potlatch. You need to click the edit
tab to get Potlatch.

> This is completely useless when there are bots that take over all history!

The removal of the big changesets has been discussed, however it would be too
processor intensive to add that to the search as the bbox area (determinator
for when the changeset is big) is calculated dynamically when each changeset is
written to the HTML. It is recommended that you look at other tools such as ITO
World's OSM Mapper.

Also removing big changesets isn't what you are looking for. What you are
looking for is for changesets that don't touch and of the objects in your bbox
to be excluded and that is even more computationally expensive.

Shaun