Hi, I was planning on implementing an offline POI editor. I've already
developed an offline map app for the IPhone (
http://itunes.apple.com/ar/app/true-offline-maps-lite/id354650326?mt=8) so
it wouldn't be so difficult to me...

Anyway, if you are going to do it too, concerning your questions on the
conflicts, I think it wouldn't be any problem as long as someone else can
delete other people's POI. I think it is more important that more people map
than to put restrictions on the editing.

Best Regards,
Ignacio.