Ian, Sajjad,
Thank you for clearing that up while I was away!

Emilie - very good challenge - the application windows are very tight on
this programme, so reminders are appreciated!

I will go and add our own 'timeline' to our wiki page to make it clearer.

Thanks

Graham.

On 16 March 2010 14:44, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Emilie Laffray
> <emilie.laff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't want to break enthusiasm from anyone but the deadline was the
> 12th
> > of March, meaning that we are 4 days behind the deadline. Has anyone
> > contacted Google for an extension? I don't mind seeing great ideas
> discussed
> > here, on the contrary, but then, we have to keep in mind that they won't
> be
> > for a GSOC unless someone contacted Google.
> >
> > Emilie Laffray
>
> Emilie, the deadline for our application to GSoC was the 12th, which
> Graham filled out and submitted. We did not need to have a full list
> of projects and mentors at that time.
>
> Once we (OpenStreetMap) get accepted into GSoC for 2010 and get
> allotted a number of funded students, then we have to decide how to
> split that allotment up between the various project proposals from
> students.
>
> In short, no deadlines were missed, it's just that Google's timeline
> and forms are confusing.

Dr. Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK
email: grahamjones...@gmail.com