On 22 March 2010 13:53, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
> What does that mean?

It means you probably haven't done much with boundaries and have yet
to experience the pleasure of people screwing them up repeatedly
because they're linked to other objects...

> Postcodes are a whole different story.  At least in the US (which is what

They're both classified as admin boundaries, at least in Australia and
share the boundary with other administrative areas where possible.

> we're talking about in this thread, as the thread is about TIGER), postcodes
> are not defined by boundaries in the first place.  They are defined as a set
> of delivery points.

Which can be mapped as an admin boundary, funnily enough, and they
often overlap with other boundaries also...

> True.  What's your point?

That you haven't actually done much work on boundaries to figure this
all out for yourself and the pitfalls of some of the suggestions you
are making...