I found a bit unsensitive Frederik Ramm's assumption that folks
"willfully chained to their Hardware/OS supplier and that supplier is
unwilling to release Java6 for your platform, it may be time to finally
ditch that supplier" (he maybe missed typing a smiley, however).
As pointed, it may be cool for OSM being running on free software, but
that's no good not to pay any proper attention to people unwillingly
harmed by the evolution (professionally or for whatever motive of their
own).
Maybe, Java 1.6 has very luring features, but the search of perfection
by smart developers has to be weighted when considering the number of
OSMers who cannot afford themselves any changement.
In my case, there is no way to get Java 1.6 running on Mac PPC (I bought
my machine four years ago).
Meaning that people like me must invest is not a good answer.
So, I do demand hat there will be a final and stable JOSM version for
1.5 with adequate cadastre.fr plug-in.
This would have to be publicized on the homepage for loading
(FR:WikiStartJOSM).
Meanwhile, I remain a bit irritated by the suddenness and the lack of
attention.

Christian Rogel