John Smith wrote:
> On 6 April 2010 01:45, Matt Williams<li...@milliams.com>  wrote:
>> I think we can all agree than mass imports of OS data into OSM isn't
>> the way to go, but providing raster images for tracing and comparing
>> can really help. We must of course be careful that people treat it
>
> The problem with raster images is you loose any and all meta
> information, I haven't looked at the OS data specifically but am I
> right in assuming there is some street names etc?

There is a quite comprehensive list of street names included in the data, but
it
needs converting to something a little more useful. Currently it is a 'colon
separated list'. I hope to have a database view of it once the raster stuff is
running.

One problem I'm battling is the inconsistencies in use of upper and lower case
in file names. The reference files use upper case, but the raster images have
blocks with lower case names. A bit of a pain when using Linux - obviosuly OS
is
still windows based :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL